Counsellor - Expression of Interest
Expression of Interest
We are currently taking expressions of interest for the role of counsellor, please apply via the link below and when we are actively hiring we will be in touch.
About the role
Based in the Inner West, On the Line is a professional social health organisation that delivers outsourced telephone and digital counselling solutions on behalf of our funders.
On the Line specialises in supporting client groups along the mental health continuum: from those who are high risk and have complex mental and social health needs, to the worried well, through to integrated physical, mental and social wellbeing.
This is an ideal time to join On the Line as we are undergoing a significant transformation that will allow our counsellors to reach more of the community. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, have a high adaptability to change and have established self-care practices.
This is a part-time (minimum 24 hours per week) position on fixed term ending June 2021. Successful applicants must be prepared to work a range of shift times including evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Tertiary degree or Tertiary degree min 3 years plus a post graduate degree/diploma in a relevant discipline, or of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 456 hours of professional clinical counselling contact experience which may include placement experience if deemed relevant
- A high level of resilience to work in an environment that is exposed to a number of high-risk calls that could include clients demonstrating the following presentations of suicide, domestic/family violence, anxiety, depression.
- Ability to work in a high-performing culture, including ability to demonstrate a high level of counselling within a set framework and KPIs
- Knowledge of and experience in crisis counselling and suicide prevention is essential
- The ability to work a rotating roster including evening, overnight and weekend shifts in our 24/7 service centre
- An enthusiastic and positive nature that can work collaboratively in a team environment
- Awareness of and engage in good self-care practices
- Commitment to professional development and openness to feedback and coaching
- High level of computer literacy with the ability to pick up new programs and systems quickly
- Current Working with Children Check (or willing to apply for one prior to commencement)
- Current Police Check (no more than 6 months old) (or willing to apply for one prior to commencement)
*Note: tertiary degree is Bachelor level, and a relevant discipline is Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Social Science or Welfare Studies
Salary and benefits
- 5 weeks annual leave with annual leave loading (pro rata for part time employees) for employees who work shift work (overnights)
- Access to reflective practice, debriefing, and EAP
- Salary Packaging
- Close to public transport
On the Line is an essential service and we have continued to operate during the Covid-19 pandemic. On the Line has strictly adhered to Government guidelines, both with employees working at home and in our office. When interviews commence they will likely be on Zoom, however, successful applicants will need to be prepared to work on site and follow the health and safety guidelines of On the Line and that of the Government.
Please find as position description via this link