Community Development Officer
About On the Line
On the Line is a professional social health organisation that provides telephone and digital-based counselling support, anywhere and anytime to people across Australia. We are experts in men's mental health, anger management, family violence healthy relationships, integrated well-being, mental health, chronic health conditions, problematic drug and alcohol abuse and, suicide and trauma-informed practice for anyone affected by suicide.
About the Role
The Community Development Officer will design and implement community engagement activities to grow awareness of the SuicideLine Victoria service within the health sector. The Community Development Officer will ensure the successful acquisition and retention of stakeholders.
SuicideLine Victoria is a 24/7 counselling and case coordination service. The service is available via telephone, web chat, video, and the website. Professional counsellors and case coordinators can help Victorians who are experiencing emotional or mental health issues, thinking about suicide, worried about someone, or bereaved by suicide.
A highly visible role you will make your mark and increase the profile of SuicideLine Victoria among health professionals and the wider health and community sector. The role will be focused on raising awareness, driving engagement and connecting with the sector to ensure optimal visibility of the service is achieved. In addition, this role will look to create and strengthen referral pathways to ensure SuicideLine Victoria is integrated into the wider service system. .
You will develop a comprehensive plan finding creative and effective methods of engagement in a community context in consideration of the current limitations set by Covid-19. You will become the subject matter expert on SuicideLine Victoria creating strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve great outcomes for our clients and value for money for our funders.
This is a full-time fixed-term role until June 2021.
What you bring to the role
- Tertiary qualifications and / or experience in complex, health or community-based environments
- Experience of building effective partnerships to improve client outcomes
- Experience and confidence in presenting in a professional environment
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience developing and implementing community engagement activities
- Knowledge of the health sector
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
- A current National Police Records Check (or willing to apply for one)
- Working with Children Check (or willing to apply for one)
- Driving license and preparedness to travel across Victoria (once it is COVID-safe)
- Generous salary packaging arrangements
- A supportive, friendly and collaborative environment
On the Line is an essential service and we have continued to operate during the Covid-19 pandemic. On the Line has strictly adhered to Government guidelines, both with employees working at home and in our office. Successful applicants will need to be prepared to work on-site and follow the health and safety guidelines of On the Line and that of the Government.
To review the position description please click this link